Fill out the details below to receive more information about the Why Leave Town Gift Card Program.
Having problems with your card? Let us help…
- Are you using the card at one of our participating stores? You can’t just use our cards anywhere…that’s the whole point! Full list here.
- Do you have enough money left on your card? Check balance here.
- Has your card expired? Check expiry here.
- Are you using the card in a participating business linked to that card? The cards only work in the regions they were purchased. Hence … Why Leave Town!
Have a Question, Comment or Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Please read through our Frequently Asked Questions below.
If you’re looking to purchase a gift card, merchandise, or find out more about a community gift card program for your region, please follow the links at the top of the page.
Prefer to Speak to Someone?
If you have questions about your local gift card, and can’t find an answer on our website, please call our customer service team on 0433 106 350 between 9AM – 5PM, Monday to Friday. We will endeavour to respond to form enquiries within one business day.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Most Common Questions Regarding Our Community Gift Card Program
Why Leave Town (WLT) is a small business who partners with local government councils and business chambers around Australia. Through this connection, Why Leave Town provides everything involved to run and maintain a community gift card program, where loaded funds can only be spent in the nominated region.
We provide our partners with everything needed to run a successful local gift card program. We offer:
- Design, production and distribution of a bespoke ‘Shop Local’ eftpos branded gift card
- A full subscription to our service, which includes business hours’ support for our partners, participating retailers and cardholders
- Relevant materials and activation assistance, to ensure all participating stores are ready to sell and accept the local gift card
- Detailed reporting on the funds loaded and redeemed in the gift card program
- Full access to our website, for the use of partners, businesses and cardholders
Buying a Local Gift Card
See our ‘Participating Stores’ page to locate community gift card programs around Australia. Each page contains a list of participating stores. On this page you can filter where to ‘buy’ and ‘spend’ a card.
Absolutely. Why Leave Town has many corporate businesses who support their communities by purchasing local gift cards for incentives, rewards and end of year gifts.
If you’re after more than 5 gift cards, please click on the link below. Once you have filled out the form, an invoice will be emailed for payment and the cards will be dispatched to your nominated address.
Each gift card can be loaded with as little as $10 to as much as $1,000
Yes. In line with government legislative requirements, all gift cards carry a three year expiry from the time of purchase online or in-store.
Redeeming Gift Cards
Each program’s local gift card can only be spent in participating stores. To find your local gift card and participating retailers, click HERE.
No. WLT local gift cards are single load only, but can be used multiple times until the balance is zero.
Yes, some restrictions apply. You cannot:
- Tender the card for cash (ATMs)
- Use online
- Purchase some products and services in stores.
All WLT local gift cards must be redeemed in store with a participating retailer. At the time of payment, you must swipe the local gift card through the retailer’s eftpos terminal. Select ‘SAVINGS’ and enter the 4-digit PIN located on the back of the gift card.
If the participating retailer allows it, you can split the payment (i.e if something costs $50, and the gift card balance is $20, you can pay $20 with your gift card, and pay the remaining $30 with cash or another card).
Gift Card Balance
Yes. Follow this link to check your gift card balance. Make sure you have the card number and PIN handy.
Your gift card is just like cash and you are responsible for keeping it safe at all times. We encourage cardholders to register their gift card. In the event of a lost card, we can then issue a replacement. However, cards must be registered in order for a replacement to be issued.